Kendra "tagged" me, and this tag actually looked do-able. Some are so long, so many questions, and so many that I have no clue how to answer that I've never done one before. And no, Kendra, flattery did not play into my decision.
10 Years Ago. . . My life was significantly simpler, I was thinner, and had much more energy. I had one very easy five-month-old, and my life revolved around him and Guy. We were living in Riverton, I directed the choir at church, and Guy was the Scoutmaster. I hung out at Kerali's a lot (she had newborn Tamlen), and it seems like I had time to sew, paint watercolors, and scrapbook. In February 1998, I had a freelance writing job to create a short promotional book for a guy I had worked with previously. I liked the thought of extra money, but I greatly resented the job for taking me away from my baby.
5 Places I've Lived:
1. New Mexico
2. Dominican Republic
3. Prescott, AZ
4. London (does 2 months count?)
5. Utah
5 Things On My To-Do List
(I suppose if I gave more than 5 it could be supremely boring)
1. Do Cub scout advancements online, and call too many people about Cub scout stuff
2. Plan Marcus's birthday/baptism
3. Hang up new pictures of the boys (including getting one up of Mitchell finally)
4. Glue ivory keys back on my piano
5. Organize my sheet music/books and get it into my new cabinet
I Enjoy. . .
Spring rain showers, chocolate cake with a glass of milk, old movies, reading, writing, getting something DONE (that will not later be UN-done), reading with my boys, conversations with the boys, date night with Guy, hiking, email from friends, singing (especially with my sisters), a new toothbrush, getting packages in the mail, flowers, playing games (speed UNO anyone?), fall, newly-washed sheets, healthy children, good food (especially if I haven't had to cook it. Food can make me downright giddy), sleeping through the night, finding things on a really good sale, . . .
3 Bad Habits
(Only 3. . .)
1. Putting off things I don't want to do until it's almost a crisis
2. Worrying/over-analyzing
3. A very cluttered desk and bedside table
5 Things You Might Not Know About Me.
1. I use cloth diapers on Mitchell (I've had kids in diapers for 10+ years without a break and felt guilty about the amount of landfill space my children's disposable diapers have taken up. . .)
2. I'm attending a Book of Mormon class once a week (as long as Mitchell isn't sick).
3. I did back-up vocals for a country/rock band this Summer. The big event was a 4th of July show at the Stein Erikson lodge in Deer Valley (I made $50. Yeah...)
4. I have a serious phone-phobia.
5. I've never been downhill skiing (and I live within 1 hour of Winter Olympic venues).
5 Jobs I've Had
1. English teacher to kids (2-3 years younger than I was) in the Dominican Republic
2. "Courtesy Clerk" at the Smiths in Prescott (glorified title for "Bagger/Cart Pusher")
3. Secretary for Media Acquisitions at BYU
4. Orem Library, uh worker (I can't remember the title)
5. Ghost-writer for some real pain-in-the-neck doctors who thought they were heaven's gift to humanity, and my boss was a Mensa-freak. Ah, memories.
10 Years From Now. . . I'll probably be even more tired than I am now. I hope to not be changing diapers (at least not my own children's diapers). Sheridan will be mission-aged, and Marcus, a Senior in High School, Caleb will be 14 and Mitchell will be getting really antsy to be done with Primary. I imagine the kids' activities will take up most of my time, but I hope to have had some minor personal achievements by then. One thing I feel I can say with certainty is that we still won't be done with everything we want to do improve this house.
OK, done. This took much longer than I thought (see bad habit #2 pt.b).
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah that was too well-written not to have taken you a long time! Thanks for playing! It will be fun to have some of that recorded for posterity!
I did not know about the skiing...and you live in "ski Utah!" But I did know about the phone phobia, since I too, am a victim, as is Shanda. How many of us did Mom pass that on to?
I am with you on the games and a good nights sleep! I will take you up on a game of speed uno.
Now I just have to do mine tag. :)
YEAHHH SPEED UNO!
Post a Comment