Thursday, February 7, 2008

Something Beautiful for Thursday

I could comment on the beautiful snow that fell today, but I must admit that I'm not fully appreciating the white stuff because we've had an abundance of it lately. My Book of Mormon class this morning was beautiful for several reasons: Mitchell happily went to the nursery with Caleb so I had both hands to take notes with, and most of my brain to pay attention with; the lesson was so well-prepared; I think I'm beginning to glimpse some insight into the Isaiah chapters. But the beauty that made the greatest impression today was soup. By the time my class was over, I could tell a cold was setting up residence behind my face, and once I'd been home for 1/2 hour, I had a bad case of the chills and wanted nothing more than to sleep. Guy took his lunch break to feed Caleb and Mitchell, and he brought me a big bowl of steaming soup (I was laying on the couch). That was a beautiful thing. While I'm still not feeling great, I've felt much better since that bowl of soup. I could be a commercial for Progresso, but I'm afraid it was as much the server of the soup that did me good as the ingredients from the can.

No comments: