January 2008 Mitchell has begun copying much of what he sees going on around him. Some of my favorite examples are how he "folds" his arms during prayer

, and thinks he now has to lay down on someone's bed whenever he wants to read a book. Marcus has gotten into the habit of sitting on the floor heating vent in the dining area to stay warm while he eats his breakfast. He even gets out a placemat so he won't make a mess. The other day, Mitchell got a placemat out of the drawer, carefully spread it out and then sat on the vent. I do think his expression afterward seemed to question, "So, what's so great about this?" Finally, Mitchell has been very persistent in helping with the dishes. Whenever he notices someone working near the sink, he drags over one of the chairs (even going so far as to move the kitchen rug so he can push the chair all the way to the sink), climbs up and spends a long time putting dishes in the water, taking them out again, and even trying to wash some of them. So, what are the odds of this clean enthusiasm lasting another 5 years?
3 comments:
I started reading all your recent posts earlier today, got called away, and then came back and finished and saw I got a mention. :) I enjoyed the cute stories about Mitchell -- and was reminded of the one about the table when Henry wedged himself into a corner today, got hurt getting out, and then tried to go back in.
I usually love reading wordy blogs, when I can find the time to read them, and if they are written by someone I know and like. I always have a hard time deciding which way to go on my blog -- wordy vs. short and pithy -- because I know most people only have time to glance, but on the other hand . . . I like to talk. (Not that I even have time to be very wordy on my blog, but I like the idea of it.)
WOW -- your digital scrapbooking project was a huge accomplishment. I, too, wish I'd had a digital camera by 1997. I guess that means that someday I need to scan in all our old prints. (Sigh, the projects never end.)
My cousin's husband discovered that you can make a book from a blog, so he had one made of hers for her Christmas present. I thought that was a great idea -- except for that I don't really intend all my posts to be book worthy. So it would take some sorting to decide what to print (yet another project.)
I think it's time for us to get together again (Mabel is very devoted to our seeing you guys more often,) but I do have a cold right now, so I'll let you know when I'm better.
(Ha, a 5 paragraph comment about my not having time to be wordy.) :)
Hey girl! Long time, no see. I got your blog address off Kendra's, who found me off Sunnie's. See, the church world is so small. What a fun way to keep up with everyone. You look adorable in your cub scout leader shirt! It is great to see what you are up to. If you get a chance, you can see what I'm doing at http://4wildangels.blogspot.com/
I'll keep checking in! Great to "see" you, Shawnie McDowell Huff
Post a Comment