On this beautiful morning I am grateful for
-Competent and caring medical personnel
-The nurse who kept checking on me while they were getting Mitchell ready to be Life-flighted (although I just about lost it each time).
-That I had thought to fill up the van with gas on Thursday, even though I still had over 1/4 tank left.
-Priesthood blessings
-The many neighbors and friends who called, expressed concern, and offered whatever help we may need
-That Mom and Dad are NOT taking care of Grandma this week, so they can help take care of us
-That Deren and Liz have so many legos at their house :-). I'm so grateful to them for taking the boys yesterday and keeping them so well entertained and happy
-For all our wonderful family and their love and concern for us. It has been an incredible strength
-For cell phones (Although it was very frustrating to not be able to use them in the PICU)
-For the cafeteria and the Meditation room at Primary Children's Medical Center
-That we got moved from bed 1 to bed 28 in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit so that Guy could sleep beside Mitchell last night (although I understand he didn't actually do much sleeping)
-For the prayers of so many. I know that they have helped, and I am so very very grateful for them
-That Mitchell is doing so much better
-That the sun is shining this morning
-That when he finally came out from sedation and I picked him up, Mitchell looked at me with groggy eyes and managed to say "Ah-Me"--his newly-acquired version of Mommy.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment