Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Update (or Why I Haven't Posted in a While)

First off, I need to credit Kendra for my new header and background (which, for some odd reason, I have actually never seen because my browser has issues. . .). If you've been to Kendra's blog (bnkhalterman.blogspot.com), you've seen that she's experimenting with digital design, and has done headers for a lot of us.

So, a few weeks ago, I was feeling inspired by my friend Zina's blog (http://myimaginaryblog.wordpress.com/) --her fun way of writing, her humor, and insights or observations that I feel like I can relate to--and I'd thought that I'd like to incorporate more of those elements into my blog. I even thought I'd like to be on the lookout for something "beautiful" each day that I could share (if I wanted to). Then I got myself into a big scrapbooking (digital! I'll post about it later) project, which finished up just in time to do a final scramble to help Sheridan and Marcus finish their science projects (which we accomplished late last night). So, while I've tried to see beauty in things around me each day, I've not managed to document it much in these last couple of weeks. I have been a little better about noting and writing down the funny things the boys are doing. My scrapbooking project actually proved to me how much this blog has been my main documentation of life (mine and the boys) for the last year, so I will hopefully begin making it a little more detailed, and including more of the things that I find that make our lives rich. This will likely make it more wordy than some of you are inclined to appreciate, but I won't be at all offended if you skim or skip posts alltogether. In fact, I won't even know. . .

(By the way, to follow up on my last post--the devastating finger injury--I am truly impressed with the ability of the human body to heal itself. It's been about 3 weeks since my chopping accident, and, while I can tell that my finger is still a little flat on one side, and I still don't have full feeling on that side, no one else would ever know I was once missing a piece of it. It's pretty darn amazing. I am still a little squeamish using my chef's knife and I chop much more slowly these days. Unfortunately, I am back to fixing dinner for my family--most nights.)

No comments: