Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Science Fair Saga
Well, we just found out today that Sheridan will not be going on to district. The school director was sure she'd gotten permission for him, but last night when she went to a meeting for the district fair she was told that they weren't going to bend the rules at all (the rule being that the fair is only open to students in 5th grade and above. Sheridan is in 4th). Both the director and Sheridan's teacher felt really awful about the situation (Sheridan's teacher looked like she might cry, actually), and encouraged Sheridan in his desire to write a letter expressing his disagreement with the rule. He is disappointed, but he'll get over it, and he's got ideas going for next year. On a selfish note, now I don't have to feel like I need to volunteer to help with the district fair. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awww, what a disappointment for Sheridan. (But I am jealous that you don't have to go . . .)
I looked at your blog earlier today and saw the most recent posts but didn't even notice all the previous ones. What fun pictures and stories about your family.
Post a Comment