Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Running Man

June 7, 2008 Sheridan was on the city track team this year, and here is the one picture we got of him competing. This was as he ran the 200 m at the last meet of the season. There were several other track clubs there, and Sheridan finished 6th in this event, 6th in the long jump and 5th in the 4 x 100 m relay (his age group included kids born in 1996 and 1997). He placed higher in other meets, but I've lost track of them all. After one meet he brought home 2 ribbons (a 2nd and 3rd, I think) and at another, his relay team took 1st, and he got a medal. He really enjoyed the experience and plans to participate next year as well. I actually enjoyed track much more than the team sports we've tried. Maybe next year we'll remember to take the camera to more meets. . .
Posted by Picasa

No comments: