For my birthday last week, he disappeared into my office just before it was present time. When he emerged, he announced, "I don't think you're going to like this present very much." I asked why, and he held out the gift (several sheets of small notebook papers stapled together) and said, "It's The Book with No Words." Maybe it's one of those things that only a mother could love, but I think it's great. I'm still waiting for the book of poems he says he writing called "Do You Know Poems?" It may be a bit of a wait since he's still trying to figure out if HE knows what poems are.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Mother's Day
For my birthday last week, he disappeared into my office just before it was present time. When he emerged, he announced, "I don't think you're going to like this present very much." I asked why, and he held out the gift (several sheets of small notebook papers stapled together) and said, "It's The Book with No Words." Maybe it's one of those things that only a mother could love, but I think it's great. I'm still waiting for the book of poems he says he writing called "Do You Know Poems?" It may be a bit of a wait since he's still trying to figure out if HE knows what poems are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aw...Sweet kid! And clever! Don't you love it when they love you! Today Trenton told me that I was "simply beautiful" and that I am his "sunshine." How can you resist that?
Post a Comment