Monday, June 9, 2008

Lagoon Day

May 22, 2008 Yes, the date is right. Such has been our Spring this year. The kids' school has a Lagoon Day each year where we can purchase tickets for about $15 less than the normal price. Sheila Reynolds (son Hunter was in Kindergarten this year) talked me into going and we went together to save gas, and offer moral support. We almost didn't go because of the weather, but I had babysitting lined up for Mitchell (thanks, Chelsea!) so we went. We got drizzled on most of the time and the hand warmers Sheila brought for the kids to put in their pockets were a good thing to have. But we survived, and I think everyone even had fun. At first we were really upset because none of the Kiddiland rides were running (since these school days are primarily for Jr. High and High School students), and we hadn't known that would be the case. They did run the carousel for just a half hour or so for a group of 2nd graders that were there and they let our kids hop on as well. That's where I took most of the pictures. We found enough other rides that Caleb and Diana could ride that they still had fun (Caleb's favorite was the Odysea, his least favorite was the pirate ship). I talked Sheridan into going on Colossus and he even went back and rode again with Sheila. I also talked him into going on the Rocket, but once was enough for him on that one. Marcus was tall enough to ride Colossus, but wouldn't be talked into it. Instead his favorites were the Wild Mouse and the Spider. The last picture was taken as they closed everything up just before we left the park (to show we'd survived).


Posted by Picasa

No comments: