Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Grand Quest. . .

(Well, one of them. . .) . . . is to find a healthy chocolate cake. I've decided that if I had a slice of chocolate layer cake and a glass of milk to look forward to each day, my outlook on life could be seriously improved. The problem is that daily consumption of that much butter and sugar can't be good for me. So I'm on the hunt for alternatives and if you know of anything that will provide my daily cake fix and not go directly to my hips, I'd love to hear about it. I'm actually thinking of toying with a brownie recipe that incorporates pureed spinach and carrots. But frosting is key in a chocolate layer cake, and I just can't think of any way to make that healthy or even slightly healthier. Sigh.

1 comment:

Zina said...

I get hits on my blog once in a while from people looking for recipes to hide vegetable in desserts -- unfortunately the post is just about Rose making desserts out of her wooden toy vegetables.

Good luck with your quest! Cake is not my biggest love, but I do eat other sweets . . . daily.