Highlights from Caleb's recent prayers:
After a Family Home Evening lesson about being peacemakers and getting along, Caleb included in his prayer, "Thank thee that I can beat Marcus to the chair this week." *
"Thank thee that we can't get distracted during prayers (at which point I opened my eyes to see him playing with some legos)."
"Help us not to be mean to each other, even thought Mom's really the only mean one in the family." **
* The chair mentioned was the swinging chair in the playroom, and was actually taken down the next day because Caleb and Marcus couldn't figure out how to share it. It has been back up now for several days and so far, so good. Maybe as long as Caleb doesn't pray about it again, we'll be ok.
** I have to admit that on that night, those words really stung, but I'm trying to see the humor (rather than the potential truth) in the situation.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Trysten and I are nearly weeping from laughing so hard. Yes, do find the humor because if you remember, Tamlen around that age composed a delightful song titled "Evil Mama Came Mad." It's a classic.
Trysten and I are nearly weeping from laughing so hard. Yes, do find the humor because if you remember, Tamlen around that age composed a delightful song titled "Evil Mama Came Mad." It's a classic.
Post a Comment