Last month, Caleb was assigned a talk in Primary. He and I had not been seeing eye to eye on too many things at the time, so I thought that I wouldn't even try to have him write his own talk, but rather pulled a couple out of my files that he could use. But on Saturday when I tried to get him to pick which of the two talks he wanted to use, he was quite adamant that he should be writing his own instead.
I got paper and pencil and tried to act as scribe. Initially, he was being very silly, and I finally told him (in my "I'm not mad, but take me seriously" voice) that I had other things I needed to do and he could call me when he was ready to write his talk. I hadn't finished my sentence when he blurted out, "Heavenly Father has sent us to the earth." After a couple more sentences, he stopped and told me, "I'm doing some serious work here, Mom." I concurred. So, after his serious work (with really only very minor editing from his parents), this was the talk he came up with and gave very proudly in Primary.
A Family Talk
Heavenly Father has sent us to the earth. He made the world. The world we live in is humongous and we can do anything we want in it.
He also gave us families. We're glad that we can go camping together.
Heavenly Father can bless us if we get sick or need anything.
I can help my family by: helping take care of my little brother, getting dressed by myself, helping clean up, washing the dishes (especially when it's my brother's turn and he doesn't want to do it), sweeping and mopping. But mostly, I can help by being nice and doing my best.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment