During General Conference (April 5, 2008) During Elder Ballard's wonderful talk to mothers, he said he wanted to address his remarks specifically to the young mothers. I don't feel particularly "young" these days so I turned to Guy and asked, "Am I a young mother?" Before he even had a chance to respond, Sheridan offered his opinion--"No." "So, am I an old mother?" I asked. "No. You are a moderately aged mother."
2 comments:
You should patent the Kid-in-a-Box. How long does it work? :)
Sounds like Sheridan might have the makings of a good diplomat.
Funny, I was just thinking that if life expectancies are still about 70 years, then I am over the hill. But I think clean-living Mormon women often go quite a bit past 70. (Actually I think I was thinking of that because I was thinking that I've probably heard of meatloaf cakes before, but I have no short-term memory left for things like that -- now that I'm middle-aged.)
Oh, Sheridan! What a kid!
I think if you have young children, you are a young mother. So, yes! You qualify. What kid says "moderately aged?" What adult says it, for that matter?
Post a Comment