March 22, 2008 Guy was on a Scout
campout so I enlisted the help of my
niece Kalen with the Saturday morning sports craziness (she went with Marcus to his game while I took Caleb to his). Then we went back to our place and
Kalen helped the boys color eggs. This was actually the first year the boys really got into coloring eggs. In previous years Sheridan especially would color two or three and say, "I'm done." They tried out some different techniques, Marcus tried to create the darkest blue Easter egg ever (appetizing, yes?), and they ended up asking me to boil more eggs. The highlight of the activity, though was Mitchell's pure joy at repeatedly dropping a hard boiled egg. He kept trying to put it on his big spoon and when it would fall off, he'd giggle uncontrollably.
* An interesting outcome when you have boys decorating the Easter eggs--all but a small handful (mainly the few that
Kalen and I got to color) were either blue or green.


No comments:
Post a Comment