Saturday, July 19, 2008

Baptism Cake

7-18-08 I'm getting out of order because I have quite the blog backlog, but I wanted to share this cake I decorated for a friend's daughter's baptism. This is the friend that let us use her family's cabin(s) for both Guy's birthday and the Sisters' Retreat (for free), so I wanted it to be a nice thank you. I probably worried more about it than I needed to, but I allowed myself lots of time to do it, so it didn't stress me out too much. The colors on the pictures are a little weird (you know, taking pictures at 9 pm, and trying to not use a flash, etc.) but it ended up being a very bright cake. The rainbow idea came from the baptism song about rainbows and the last lyrics of the song are printed around the top layer. I did "cheat" a little in that I used pre-colored fondant for most of the decor, but I did have to mix my own orange, purple and pink, and some of the yellow. Thanks to Kerali for talking the design through with me, and thanks to Mom for lending me pans, platter, etc.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Trina you did a fantastic job. Even better than I was imagining when we were talking it through.

Shanda said...

I had to comment because I LOVE that cake! You did such an awesome job! I am sure it was a HUGE hit!

Mama's Boys said...

The report from my friend was that no one at the party could bear to cut it, so as of Sunday it was still intact. I think that means it was a hit.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

I meant to ask you on the phone...is it ok if I post this on the insanity blog? I'm going to assume you say yes, unless I hear from you otherwise. It really turned out great!