For Caleb it was a different story. His enthusiasm for starting school was just electric, he didn't start until a week after the big boys and I'd had a chance to relax about it all a little, AND, probably most importantly, he goes to AFTERNOON kindergarten, so I had the benefit of several hours to remember the camera. Guy and Mitchell and I all walked him to school via the trail from our neighborhood, and I don't know that I've ever seen him walk so quickly. There was not even a backward glance as Caleb got to his classroom and jumped right into playing with some blocks. No tears were shed, though Mitchell did flash us some pretty dirty looks as we kept him from going into the room.
So far, the reports are mostly positive. Caleb says school is great, though he had some strong feelings of injustice around them not being able to play on the playground for the first 3 days because of landscaping work that was going on. My only concern is that when I asked him what he learned each day his answers were (day 1) "not to jump over someone else's work," (day 2) "to clean up your work," (day 3) "that some of the kids are 6 years old," and (day 4) "nothing."

No comments:
Post a Comment