Sunday, November 11, 2007

1-Year-Old Mitchell

We took some steps to help Mitchell gain back the weight he lost when he was sick, and these have now paid off, at least in getting him to eat more (he hasn't been weighed again, but he sure feels heavier in my arms). I've decided that he's eating like a hobbit now. He has breakfast when he wakes up (which is anytime between 5:30 and 7 am--ugh!), then 2nd breakfast a little later, often followed by elevensies, then lunch, second lunch, a snack, dinner and a bedtime snack. It's not always that bad, but I do feel like I spend a great deal of my day getting him in and out of his high chair and trying to clean him off. He loves yogurt, baby cereal and fruits, and has finally decided that a sippy cup is ok. He's been pretty reluctant to eat anything with a texture, but has decided that most pastas are ok. Oh, and his first official word is "cracker" because graham crackers are his favorite food of all and he gets very excited when we give him one. He also says "hi" and "bye" (sometimes) and "Go!" if I say "Ready, set. . ." first. He is a very busy guy and loves to climb (picture 1) and feels like he must do "work" in the kitchen whenever I'm in there (picture 2). He's getting excited about books and scribbling on paper, and likes his Baby Einstein farm animal movie best (he moos when he sees a cow). Church will likely not be very restful or enlightening for us for the next 5 months because Mitchell has discovered the water fountain and what it does, and I see an obsession forming. I'm still his favorite person (it's his thing with my hair), but sometimes he prefers Dad and he's become very fond of his grandma, too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: