I have so many pictures to post of this Summer and was on a roll, until. . . See, I like order. I know you wouldn't believe that if you walked into my house, but I want my blog in chronological order, and I had blogged up to the first part of August--My Anniversary. My plan was to use a picture of Guy and I that was taken on our trip to Omaha, and write up a touching (but not mushy, of course) tribute to our 13 years of marriage. Alas, the plan was foiled because I have not been able to find the disc that had the picture on it. . . and I have not been able to move on. Pathetic, I know. So, after some not-so-subtle hints from some sisters to get on with posting pictures, I've decided to put the lost disc behind me (see how nice order is? If I really had it in my life, the disc wouldn't have been lost!) and proceed.
As for our anniversary, it was on Saturday the 4th, the day Kerali's family returned to India, and we were leaving for Omaha early on Monday the 6th, so mostly we did stuff to get ready for our trip. We did get Kalen to babysit the big boys while we took Mitchell and checked out the new IKEA in Draper. What could be more romantic than Swedish Meatballs on a cafeteria tray for an anniversary dinner?
I find it hard to really express how lucky I feel to have such a great marriage. It seems to me that all attempts at describing the emotions, or even memories, fall short of the truth. I hope someday to be able to put it all into words, but for the meantime I will just say that I love my sweet husband dearly, his goodness has done wonders for me, and I can't imagine a better father for my sons. Happy Anniversary, My Love.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You do have a good one! I have to admit that your marriage was one that I looked to as an example when I was going through rough times. Your kids areso blessed to have both of you as parents! Happy Belated Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment