Monday, April 9, 2007

"The Bunny! The Bunny! Oh, I Love the Bunny!"

Each of the kids got a chocolate bunny from my parents, and Caleb was just enthralled with his. He fell asleep on the way home, but woke up enough to ask his dad to please put the chocolate bunny by his bed. This morning when he woke up, he took it out of the package and played with it, being careful not to handle it too much to keep it from melting. He was very disappointed that his brothers didn't want to open their packages and "play chocolate bunny" with him. He even named his bunny "Chocolately" and asked me to close his blinds to make his room dark because that's how Chocolately liked it. After a while of him playing with the bunny in his room, I heard him just sobbing. When I went to him, he wouldn't talk to me he was so upset, but he had a ring of chocolate around his mouth, and "bunny" was nearby--minus the ears. I really didn't know whether to laugh or cry because he was so upset about it. After lots of hugs, and a couple of hours he announced to me that he decided it was ok to eat his chocolate bunny, and proceeded to do so without anymore tears. Now he's asking when Easter will come again so he can get another chocolate bunny.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: