
Our little Charter school is reeling a bit from the state's retroactive 7.5% budget cut for this year. One of the casualties was the literacy program for the elementary school. The first half of the program was purchased in the Fall, but there was no more money to buy the second half. To help raise money, the school held a cake auction (along with a silent auction, bake sale and raffle) on Thursday night. I volunteered to donate two cakes, which of course took me much longer than planned. I was pretty pleased with the results, though, and added together they brought nearly $100 for the literacy program. I haven't done much else festive for this holiday, so here's my one offering, along with a wish for a happy and loving day for everyone.
(p.s. I was a little sad that I didn't win the raffle for a new digital camera. I think it's obvious from the pictures that I need one.)
4 comments:
They turned out gorgeous and it sounds like the bidders thought so too.
I want a new camera, too -- ever since my kids figured out how to use mine, it's never been the same. (They're supposed to always ask first, but often forget. And even when they ask they forget to not put their fingers on the lens. And we think they must have dropped it at some point because the spring-door for the battery and card is very very hard to open now. Anyway, you get the idea.)
Happy Valentine's Day. I'm going to make my family do chores all day; I bet they'll find that festive. But Rose did talk Dean into promising to make sugar cookies, which should be entertaining for all of us.
P.S. Rose just saw the photos of the cakes and she HIGHLY approves of them.
The cakes look beautiful! I cant decide which one I like better!
It has been a cake week at our house also. A cake auction is how we raise money for girls camp in our ward. Your cakes are beautiful. I can see why they fetched $100.
TNHansen
Post a Comment