I know I don't have a huge readership here on this blog, and that most of you who do read it are not here locally, but Guy and I have decided to do our (small) part to save our favorite restaurant. Guy and I discovered Pastorero Taco Grill in Brigham's Landing last Spring and have been there several times since. Lately, however, when we go in, it's sadly lacking in customers. We really don't want it to go out of business, so we're trying to spread the word that it's good food.
My favorite (actually, the only thing I've ever ordered because I like it so well) is the Tacos al Pastor. These are the only US tacos I've had that come close to those I ate at taco stands when I went to Mexico with Dad a couple of times. The Tacos al Pastor are pork with pineapple, onions and cilantro on soft corn tortillas served with lime and your choice of salsa (the avocado-lime is my favorite. Guy likes the pico de gallo). You get 5 tacos (last time they gave me 6, but maybe that's just because they like me) for $5.99. Guy has explored other menu items and liked them all, but I can't tell you much about them, because I always just eat tacos. . . Oh, we have gotten the cheese fondue (queso fundido) a couple of times and it's really good. ALSO, I'm not usually a fan of horchata, but this stuff is fabulous. I think it's the cinnamon.
So the takeaway from this post is hopefully more than a watering mouth (which in and of itself would be a grand blogging achievement). If you're in my neighborhood, go check out Pastorero. If you like it, tell more people about it so that my favorite restaurant doesn't go away and leave me wondering where to eat on our (rare) date nights.
Now I need to go find something yummy to eat. . .

2 comments:
It worked, my mouth is watering (and I was already planning to say so before I got to that part of your post.) My past experience is that I hate horchata, but maybe I will even give that a try.
So I'm mysteriously craving tacos about now!
Hey! It depends on how serious you are about this, but I could repost it on my blog if you want--you become a guest blogger. I'm sure I have some Utah readers, but I couldn't do it until Sat., maybe. What do you think?
Post a Comment