
I wanted to document some of what I managed to do this Christmas. I'm amazed every year how I believe I can do so much more than what is acutally possible. I did decide a couple of weeks ago to save the Christmas quilts I was planning on making for the boys for next year. But here's some of what I did get made. When Guy and I got married, he designed and my mom made a stocking to match our other family stockings, then I did the same thing for both Sheridan and Marcus when they came along, but I hadn't managed to get Caleb's made, and likewise didn't have one for Mitchell. In addition, I decided I didn't really like the ones I'd made for the big boys, so this year I decided to make new stockings for all the boys. Mom mom had them already cut out (from a project a couple of years ago, and sewed the boys' names on them, then they chose what they wanted on them, and I finished them up. This project actually went much smoother than some of the other things I tried this year, and the boys were pretty pleased with how they turned out (but, really, the fine detailing is lost on them, so I told Guy it was his husbandly duty to ooh and ah appropriately). At school, Marcus has been learning how to "finger chain" in an attempt to improve his fine motor skills, so I asked him to finger-chain the loops to hang the stockings by, and he did a really great job.

No comments:
Post a Comment