Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sheridan Turns 10!

Sheridan made his birthday very easy on us this year. Instead of having a big party, Sheridan chose two friends to go with him and Marcus to The Museum of Ancient Life to see a 3-D IMAX dinosaur movie and pick out a treat on Satuday. On Sunday we had family over for dinner, Sheridan had a Pokemon treasure hunt (I got a crash course in Pokemon in order to prepare it --I don't think I'm a fan), and opened his presents (FINALLY! according to Sheridan). The last picture shows Sheridan trying to blow out his candles (on his chocolate eclair cake) using Marenda's clarinet. Sheridan has gotten really interested in instruments lately and was really thrilled to find out that Marenda still had her clarinet from high school and that she would loan it to him. We bought him some new reeds as part of his birthday, and now he's (sort of ) teaching himself to play. The big orange snake is my answer to his request for a pet corn snake. He didn't specify that it had to be a living snake--I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.
Sheridan at 10 is a really fun kid. He's so very smart, but I appreciate how good he is to his brothers, how willing he is to help out, and to do what we ask of him. I admire how he believes he can do anything and isn't afraid of much at all. For me, I can't believe it's been ten years since I was mother to the worlds easiest baby ever. The easiest baby has grown into such a good kid--and a handsome one too.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: